Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Serious Debt Reduction

In light of recent weeks talk of debt reduction in our nation's capital and ensuing "COUNTDOWNS" to a vote to raise the debt ceiling by major news outlets, I couldn't help but think of someone who set the bar pretty high when it comes to seriously dealing with debt.  A democrat? A republican? A financial guru?  A wall street genius? A political analyst? None of these. Perhaps I can best reveal him by this poem I wrote a few years ago:

           Flow to Me

No greater peace is there
that exists for me,
than from my precious Prince of Peace
who willingly embraced Calvary.

He knew the cost was high
as he bore the burdensome tree,
still he pressed on enduring,
to set this debtor free.

He saw my greatest need
when in His greatest agony.
He cried out, "It is finished",
and bought my priceless victory!

So when I face challenges or pain
and all my peace would flee,
I set my heart upon such great love
that allows His peace to flow to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment