Thursday, March 28, 2013

As I celebrate these late March days leading up to Easter, I am reminded just how much the love of God truly brings about new life. Just as the changing of the season here in Chicago from Winter's long, dark and cold days to the hopeful peeking sunshine and slowly rising temperatures declare March's promise of new life in our Spring, so too my heart feels once again the wonder of the resurrection as a memorial of the amazing love God has for me, for all of us who receive His precious gift of new life, free to us but at great cost to Him.

  Each Spring here in Chicago we receive the gift of new life as plants and animals give birth and we see a picture of resurrection before our eyes day by day. Trees that looked stark and dead all winter suddenly displaying buds that will burst forth with life into new leaves or blooms and some green blades of grass begin to appear in our lawns after laying brown and covered with snow. Outside my window I hear the symphony of life as birds return and build nests that contain tiny eggs that carry new life soon to be hatched.  As I opened my door last evening to go out, I was stopped by a flash of movement, a tiny bunny hopping across the lawn. I smiled at God's reminding me that resurrection is taking place, new life all around us; a seasonal reminder of a spiritual truth. 
 
II Corinthians 5:17-18 (Amplified) says "Therefore if any person is in Christ, (the Messiah), he is a new creation (a new creature altogether), the old (previous moral and spiritual condition) has passed away. Behold the fresh and new has come. But all things are from God, who through Jesus Christ reconciled us to Himself (received us into His favor, brought us into harmony with Himself)..."

As God is making all things new again in this season of resurrection, may I see and know the deep, deep love of Christ for me. He gave me new life, He restores my soul, He transferred me out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light.  God so loved us that He gave his only son, that whoever believes on Him, would not perish but receive NEW LIFE EVERLASTING!  (John 3:16) 

Thank you Lord for the daily reminders I witness of the work of love and grace you have done for me to bring renewal to my life.  Let me be filled with gratitude and praise each Spring day as I am reminded of the wonder of the new life you have created in me, "the former things are passed away, behold all things becoming new!"  May I live and move and have my being in your resurrection power!

No comments:

Post a Comment