Friday, July 29, 2011

VERSES AND SEASONS

Do you have a Bible verse that encapsulates the season you find yourself in?When I was younger my verse was Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for harm, to give you a future and a hope."


When I was a mom with young children I liked Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight."  I found at times I had NO UNDERSTANDING of these children He'd given us, and needed him to lead the way for sure!


Now that my nest is empty and I am "Mimi" to my step-grandson,  Mateo, I have chosen Zephaniah 3:17,  "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He takes great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you  with singing."  I've always loved to sing,  I sang as a child, I sang to my babies, and as a teacher I still sing with my students!  But it thrills me to know that the Lord rejoices over ME with singing!  He sings songs of love with my name perhaps as I did with my own children when they were scrumptious babies and up until they became music critics! Why does he sing over me? Because he delights in me. I am precious to Him!  It comforts me to know he is with me! He has never forsaken me in all the years I've known Him, and he won't now as I'm growing older.  The verse says he is MIGHTY to save. He still has all his power and majesty and I can draw on it at a moment's notice when my own energy seems to be forsaking me! Which happens more often than I'd like to admit.


What season of life are you in dear sister? What verse is meaningful and precious to you right now in this season? Share it with someone today: a child, a spouse, a friend, a co-worker.  Journal why this verse has meaning for you now at this season. Commit it to memory.  Enjoy whatever season you are in, each season has it's own challenges and joys.


Here is a song that I have recently added to my favorites list:http://youtu.be/BFUHrXfuNU4